Breanne Welsh

Public Relations and Advertising

An image of a microphone with the logos of my favorite bands and musicians on the inside, image is in black and white to give it a more edgy look.

The goal of this project was to create hierarchy using my favorite bands. In the image I put my favorite musicians at the top of the microphone and made them larger, while the ones that I love, but not as much, I put going down the handle of it. I used a microphone to describe the picture because if someone had never heard of the band before, one could assume it had something to do with music because their name or logo is on the microphone.

This image was created on October 30, 2016 using Photoshop.

An screenshot of a classroom that I designed to fit inside of a shipping container. It has a modern feel that is comfortable and makes the most use out of the small space.

I had the task of creating a modular communications classroom of the future that could fit right inside of a shipping box, and it was one of my favorite things to do! It was very refreshing to have the ability to let my design imagination run free and be able to design a classroom that I would want to work in. I had a goal of making the classroom bright, modern, and have big open windows. Since it was such a small space to work with, it was imperative that I make the best use of the space available as possible. Keeping the colors neutral and bright made the space look larger than it actually was. I am very pleased with the outcome of this project.

This room was created on November 13, 2016 using Autodesk Homestyler.

A screenshot of the home page of the blog that I created called Cheap Chic. It has flowers and a pink and black color scheme.

This was my first time making a blog and I would say I succeeded. Since this was created my freshmen year of college, I thought it only fitting to make the blog about college fashion on a college budget, I called it Cheap Chic. Considering I love fashion and clothes, yet don't exactly have the means to provide all that I would like for myself, I thouroughly enjoyed creating this blog. I posted weekly about different topics and always gave cheaper alternatives to popular pieces I would see while walking around campus.

This blog was created in September of 2015 with the help of WordPress.

An image of items around campus that created letters to spell out the word Faith. They are in black and white to make it look more put-together

For this project, I had the goal of finding art in unusual places; how structures and nature can turn nothing into something. How it can turn average sights into letters. It is imperative to use your imagination and focus on the details of objects in order to find what you are looking for. It was at times complicated to find something that looked like the letter "F" for instance, but I now find it interesting to spot unusual things in everyday sights.

This image was created on September 22, 2016 and the photos were taken with my iPhone 6.

An image of example letters and numbers from the font that I created.

The goal of this project was to create a font that looked as similar to my everyday handwriting as possible. This proved to be more challenging than I thought because the platform that I was creating on already had a standard letter format and design, only allowing a user to certain features of the letter but not the actual shape of the letter. I am nonetheless pleased with the outcome of my font and plan on using it in my future.

This font was created on November 20, 2016 using Metafonts.